Spicy Crab Soup
- 1 quart water
- 3 chicken parts (neck or wing)
- 3 pounds canned tomatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup potatoes, diced
- 3/4 cups celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 3/4 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 pound crabmeat, fresh or pasteurized, cartilage removed (regular or claw meat)
* Place water and chicken in a 6-quart soup pot.
* Cover and simmer over low heat for at least one hour.
* Add vegetables and seasonings and simmer, covered, over medium-low heat for about 45 minutes, or until vegetables are almost done.
* Add crabmeat, cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, or until hot.
(If a milder soup is desired, decrease amount of seafood seasoning to 1-1/2 teaspoons.)
Yield: 8 servings. Calories: 153 per serving.